Saturday, August 4, 2007

X Marks the Spot

Treasure
gleaming, glistening
enticing my soul
stealing my vision
but I can't make it out.
I search for that which will complete us
hidden beneath years of pain and frustration
concealed behind walls
to protect its fragility
Scars and brusies have defected it surface
Yet there's still some luster to be discovered
Lead me to itI'm here and willing
Help me discover how to heal
and strip away its shield.
Longing to nurture, to hold and to help
it to regain its strength so it can
hopefully one day rid its
reluctance to beat with another
Another who's experienced the same
I've given you mine
my precious gift from deep within
Why don't I deserve the same?
Is it me?Am I flawed?
Is it someone else?
Whatever it may be
I haven't given up
I will continue
Sifting, tearing away
at that which protects
your HEART....

a weezy original*

No comments: